What is UTM ??
Unified threat management (UTM) is a solution in the network security industry, and since 2004 it has gained currency as a primary network gateway defense solution for organizations.
UTM is the evolution of the traditional firewall into an all-inclusive security product able to perform multiple security functions within one single appliance: network firewalling, network intrusion prevention and gateway antivirus (AV), gateway anti-spam, VPN, content filtering, load balancing, data leak prevention and on-appliance reporting. CSI UTM offers security over Wi-Fi with its Wi-Fi range of appliances that combine the features of a router and set of UTM features, offering reduced total cost of ownership to organizations. UTM combines multiple security features into a single platform to protect against attacks, viruses, Trojans, spyware and other malicious threats. Complexity is reduced and management is simplified because multiple layers of protection are delivered under this single management console.
What are the benefits of UTM ??
- Reduced complexity : Single security solution. Single Vendor. Single AMC.
- Simplicity : Avoidance of multiple software installation and maintenance.
- Easy Management : Plug & Play Architecture, Web-based GUI for easy management.
- Reduced technical training requirements, one product to learn.
- Provides for Web Filtering and Web Inspectivity.
- Gives a secure open Virtual Private Network with IP Security.
- Helps in attack prevention with the capablities Intrusion detection system and Intrusion prevention system.
- It is a complete package of Firewall, Mail Filtering and FTP Filtering.
- It has unique features of SNMP protocol to monitor the status of managed devices and applications.
- Regulatory compliance.